portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One if by Land, Two if by Sea

One if by Land, Two if by Sea

This quote popped into my head last night and wouldn't go away until I had made it into something. So, this is for you! I was going to paint you a portrait of Paul Revere to go with it, but I decided to eat dinner instead. I wouldn't want you getting spoiled.

I'm going to assume that .01% of the 10 people who read this blog will want to check out the original poem that the quote came from, so here-- "Paul Revere's Ride" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

I'm also going to assume that a solid 3% of you just want to listen to some Paul Revere and the Raiders. I won't judge you. Here. I actually taught them that little side step dance move. Also, don't want to brag or anything, but the puppet in the video was my idea. I'm full of surprises.

9 comments:

vldecker said...

I'm in that 3%. And I'm only 26. Judge away.

Faith said...

Great design!

ambergoulet said...

I'm happy I read the poem just now. :)

I quite like your image, quite a cheery interpretation. That quote seems so disjointed from the original text when people use it now.

Anonymous said...

This is officially my favorite thing that you have ever done. I realize that assumption may sound bold and stupid since you do a lot of really fun stuff, but I love the colors and well I guess, all of it. I hope your dinner was mediocre at best.

Rachel Dangerfield said...

Thanks Patrick! And my dinner was fantastically mediocre, you'll be happy to hear.

Krysti Kalkman said...

love this chicka!!!

Captain Dangerfield said...

I like the artwork, the math needs some work. .01% of ten people might add up to some toe nail clippings. 3% of ten might be a decent hair cut. Keep up the good work, stay away from the math

Rachel Dangerfield said...

hahaha I had a line about .01% being like... one person's pinky fingernail, but I took it out. My math is spectacular. That's why I went to art school. Gaaaaaawd Daaaad.

Mike Puncekar said...

Dear Rachel,

Please do all of the type for everything in the world.

Sincerely,
Michael Puncekar